Platzhalter Veranstaltungsorte
 
 
 
 
   
 
  home
   
   
   
   
   
   
   
Wolfegg
Platzhalter  
 

The former collegiate church St. Katharina is an outstanding example of sensual enjoyment during the baroque age. Putti loudly chanting and romping about the cornice and the church arches, crowding the pulpit and the altars and contesting with the musicians.

Today’s parish church St. Katharina was planned by the famous architect Johann Georg Fisher from Füssen and was consecrated in 1742. On the monumental ceiling fresco of the church Johannes von Waldburg is portrayed whom we gratefully thank for the building of the church and its foundation.

In 1803 the foundation was dissolved and rededicated to the parish. Still today members of the von Waldburg family are being buried in the tomb.

 

 


 

Platzhalter